Female Fertility Tests
Investigating Possible Causes for Female Infertility
Fertility can be affected by genetic and physiological issues making it quite complex to diagnose and treat. At Virtus Fertility Centre Singapore, we develop a personalised approach to your unique situation, to understand the possible causes of pregnancy delay.
After an initial consultation with your fertility specialist, the next step will be to undergo some female infertility tests to check for the more common fertility issues we see. These include:
- Problems with ovulation, including Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Tubal disease
Some of the tests you may need to take include:
- Ovulation test – a simple blood test to check you are producing an egg each month
- Ultrasound scan – to check the lining of your womb (i.e. endometrium) for conditions such as fibroids or cysts, and to look for issues such as PCOS
- Ovarian reserve (i.e. AMH test) – this blood test measures the level of your AMH hormone, which can help us estimate how many eggs you still have
In some cases, additional tests may be necessary including:
- Sonohysterogram – to look at the condition of your fallopian tubes, uterus and ovaries
- Diagnostic laparoscopy – usually performed under anaesthesica, it allows a closer look at your ovaries, fallopian tubes, uterus and pelvic cavity.
During your first consultation with your fertility specialist, he/she will explain the recommended procedure(s) given your situation. By understanding what may be creating difficulties for you in conceiving, he/she can then determine the best treatment to give you the greatest chance of having a baby.