Mediterranean Cod with Roasted Tomatoes
Give your body the ultimate choline boost, with Accredited Dietitian of Singapore, Claudia Correia's delicious Mediterranean Cod with Roasted Tomatoes, brought to you by Virtus Fertility Centre.
Recipe: Mediterranean Cod with Roasted Tomatoes
- 3 tbsps Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tpbsps Capers
- 2 tbsps Shallot (peeled, finely sliced)
- 2 Garlic (cloves, smashed and sliced thin)
- 1 ½ cups Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- 3/4 cup Water
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt (divided)
- 2 Cod Fillet
- 1/4 Parsley (roughly chopped)
- 1/4 Lemon (cut into wedges)
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Once hot, add the olive oil and capers. Let them sizzle and crisp for about three minutes. Lower the heat to medium-low and then add the shallot and garlic. Cook for one to two minutes, until fragrant and the shallot is crispy. Transfer the capers, shallot, and garlic to a bowl, leaving a bit of oil behind in the skillet.
- Add the halved cherry tomatoes to the skillet and cook for about seven to eight minutes or until jammy. Add the water and half the salt. Cook until thickened slight, about four to five minutes.
- Season the cod with the remaining salt. Add to the skillet, cover and cook for five to seven minutes, or until cooked through.
- Divide the cod onto plates along with the tomatoes. Drizzle the remaining oil, capers, and shallots mixture on top. Garnish with parsley and serve with a lemon wedge. Enjoy!
Fillet Size: One cod fillet is equal to 231 grams or 8 ounces.
Leftovers: Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to two days.
More Flavour: Add 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes to the shallot and garlic when cooking for more spice.
Additional Toppings: Serve with a grain such as rice, quinoa or couscous.
No Cod: Use another fish such as halibut.